Monday, January 2, 2012

Movies in Review: Top Ten 2011 Movie Wrap Up

I have been addressed by a couple of friends who put in requests for an end of the year movie wrap up. Not a bad idea, so here I am to oblige my followers. Following are MY favorite top ten movies of this past year. The films that made this list are here because I thoroughly enjoyed these movies for one reason or another. Many of them evoked emotions, or had phenomenal performances or stories. I hope everyone had a wonderful New Year! And thank you for all of your support! Without further or do my top ten movies of 2011:

1. X-Men First Class
2. Moneyball
3. The Help
4. Rise of the Planet of the Apes
5. Thor
6. Bridesmaids
7. Real Steel
8. 50/50
9. The Adjustment Bureau
10. Lincoln Lawyer

Honorable Mentions: Win Win, Barney's Version, The Descendents, Like Crazy, Contagion, Friends with Benefits, Horrible Bosses, Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows, Mission-Impossible: Ghost Protocol

That's my list folks. Some of you may or may not agree. But whatever the case may be, I hope it helps. Happy Watching! :)

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting list with some movies I didn't see on other lists. Except for The Adjustment Bureau they are all movies I enjoyed a lot as well. Wasn't expecting much from Thor, but was pleasantly surprised by it. X-Men was my favorite superhero movie this past year. The Help had great acting and the one line that will be memorable for years :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I know my list was slightly different from a number of bloggers who all had "Drive", "Midnight in Paris", and/or "Tree of Life" on their lists. I just couldn't follow the hype, and had to be true to myself. These are the films that excited or moved me the most. Lincoln Lawyer made the list because McCaugnhey gave one of his grandest performances I have seen. Real Steel had my heart pumping, although many bloggers didnt care for it. The movie was for kids & kids at heart, and the kids loved it! Agree with comment on Thor. That movie was an amazing surprise. XMen...as u can see from my list...absolute fave! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!

    ReplyDelete