Sunday, January 15, 2012

Movies in Review: "Contraband"

After watching this trailer, who can honestly say that they were expecting a great movie...smh. I know I didn't, but I can say that it was at least a little better than I thought, which is not really saying much. I honestly was a bit disappointed to see Mark Wahlberg in this role. In my opinion, this role seemed a bit beneath him. He perfected this role earlier on in his career, and has since moved on to play characters with more substance. This role seemed like a step back for him...although he did play the mess out of it.

Come on! Lets be serious, we love seeing Wahlberg as a bada$$. He's just great, and looks good doing it, and he adds such charisma that is undeniably attractive. This is may be one of the only reasons to see this film, along with the performance from Giovanni Ribisi. Ribisi is one of my favorite actors who I need to see more of. He owns every role that he plays, and his characters are never straight forward, but always complicated...I love it.

Kate Beckinsale was blah, and so was the story. We have seen this story a million times. There is really nothing  intriguing about it, and there are a few subplots that were subpar and unbelievable. This movie is not a must see, but more suitable as a rental. I expected to give this movie a D, but it was a little better than that...C+

No comments:

Post a Comment