Sunday, January 15, 2012

Movies in Review: "Joyful Noise"

My my my....what a Joyful movie. And I'm not trying to be funny. This film was a joy to watch...really. The Latifah/Parton was amazing! Seeing those two is enough in itself to see this movie. They were hilarious. I must admit, knifed up Parton was sometimes scary to look at, as her waist is a 23", and her boobs were a 46". She looked like a lollipop to me...lol...a scary lollipop...ok let me stop. You probably won't notice though, or at least the way she looks won't bother you as they scripted in plenty of the comments you would have about Parton's appearance as a comedy aspect, which worked well.

One great thing about Parton is that she did not miss a beat on screen. She was so natural and so much fun to watch...and let me not forget about the singing. Parton's voice hasn't changed a bit, maybe aged, but she still sounds great. I knew Latifah could sing, but I never heard her sound so beautifully. Keke Palmer...what!!! I knew she could sing also, but not like that! All the songs were nicely done. The movie honestly would have been alot shorter had they not sang every song on the soundtrack in its entirety...lol.

Yes you have seen this story done before, but the dynamic of this movie is still worth the money. I think mothers and teenagers would appreciate it. One of my favorite scenes was the one with Latifah and Palmer by the elevator...Latifah had me clapping by the end of that scene. Latifah was strong and believable as a "single" mother of 2 teenagers. I haven't seen this happen in a while, but the audience went into applause when the credits started to roll. I guess everyone was feeling the same way I did...I liked it...B+

No comments:

Post a Comment