Monday, October 3, 2011

Movies in Review: "50/50"

This was my favorite movie this weekend, and I was surprised that many more people did not come out to see it. It ranked #4 its opening weekend, but only brought in 8.8million in ticket sales. I definitely think it deserved to do better than that, but maybe the subject matter did not appeal to everyone as a dramedy. I'm sure many people may not be able to see the "comedy" in cancer.

But be that as it may, this film was still humorous, heartfelt, and I thought they did an excellent job of portraying all the emotions that one diagnosed with cancer would go through, as well as the reactions of everyone around him. Seth Rogen can sometimes be a bit over the top for me, so I was having a hard time actually seeing him in this role. I'm happy to say that he didn't ruin it for me. He provided the right amount of humor, without overdoing it. I loved the interaction between Gorden-Levitt and Kendrick. I was engaged throughout the whole movie and my stomach was in a ball of knots, and it was an emotional ride. This movie may hit home for alot of people, and may not be for everyone dealing with this subject matter personally. Just to let you know I laughed, but I also cried. If you can stand what is presented, I think this is a must see...A!

3 comments:

  1. That's exactly why I don't to see this movie. TOO REAL. But it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah...this movie would probably hit some people really hard. But it is a really good movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mixing humor and painful subject matter is, naturally, very difficult. The beauty of this movie is that it does so with ease, especially with such good actors in these roles as well. Good review. Check out my review when you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete