Monday, October 10, 2011

Movies in Review: "Real Steel"

Wow! I haven't been this excited after seeing a movie since "Karate Kid"...the one with Jaden Smith. This movie was TOTALLY AWESOME!!! Now don't get me wrong, its not the greatest film ever, but it had all the right elements to keep you engaged and totally entertained...I love it when a movie does that.

I thought that Hugh Jackman's character Charlie was just ok. He was only made better when is son Max, played by Dakota Goyo came into the picture. I honestly don't believe they could have picked a better young actor to play Max...he was perfect. The back and forth between these two was the most entertaining, outside of the robots...who were also amazing. What I enjoyed most about this film is that they kept the robots in their lane. They were robots that were controlled by humans, and they kept them that way. The robot Atom was special, but he was not unbelievably special. He still only moved when commanded, but somehow the director was still able to give him life. The relationship between Atom and Max will have you fall in love with the twosome. Oh and let me not get started with the dance routine! Loved it!

The movie is a bit long, but I can't honestly say what you could have cut without losing the story. This movie is great for the kids...of all ages. Kids and parents together were cheering in the theatre I went to. This is a must see for the family...A-!

No comments:

Post a Comment