Monday, January 23, 2012

Movies in Review: "Underworld: Awakening"

This is the 4th installment of this film, and in my opinion, the most underwhelming. Kate Benkinsale reprises her role as the blue eyed vampire Selene. There is no doubt that Benkinsale is gorgeous in her patent leather cat suit, and is kicka$$ with her sleek swift moves, but sadly, maybe a little too kicka$$.

It seem that they focused too much on the fighting and action, instead of trying to develop the story, which could have been played out better than what it was. The focus of this film just seemed to be to get as much blood on the canvas as possible. Hey but if you're in to that, then this movie is for you. Michael Ealy was added to the mix as Detective Sebastian. I was a fan of Ealy's, but he seemed to have caught a case of "over acting" in this role. I was not a fan of his performance. It would be hard for me to say much about the writing since there isn't much dialogue to begin with. Beckinsale should have been exhausted by all the shooting, jumping, and knifing she had to do in this film...I know I was exhausted watching it...smh. The movie would have been better had the actually story been able to shine instead of being overshadowed by all the bloodshed.

The visuals were decent, but the overall film would have me saving my money on the purchase for a 3D tickets. I would say that this series is on its way out, but for those of you that are followers and fans, you will be happy to know that they left it open for a 5th installment...Yay ~sarcasm~. If you are not a follower, but instead was interested in seeing this movie because you thought it was going to be great... save your money...C!

No comments:

Post a Comment