Monday, December 19, 2011

Movies in Review: "Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows"

Let me start by saying that as much as I love Jude Law and Robert Downey Jr., I was the least bit excited about this second installment of this Sherlock Holmes series, mainly because the first left such a bad taste in my mouth with. I expected to receive the same disappointment, but to my surprise, I walked out of the theatre happy with my ticket purchase. Game of Shadows was on point!

The writing was much better in this movie, and Robert Downey seemed to come alive in this installment as Sherlock Holmes. I thought he was a bore in the first movie, but he has so much life in the Game of Shadows. He is an absolute comical genius in this film. As a result, this also livened up Jude Laws performance as Watson. They were hilariously perfection together. The dialogue between them and everyone else seemed to have more spice than in the first movie. The story was 100 times a better mystery than in the first one also. I loved the addition of Sherlock Holmes brother. He kept calling him Sherly, and it cracked me up every time...lol. I know I know...with all the laughing I seemed to be doing you would probably think it was a comedy. It wasn't, it was an exceptional mystery, the comical aspect was a great bonus.

The action sequences were amazing! My favorite scene being the one where they were running in the woods. I swear they should receive awards for that sequence. The camera shots were crazy! Yes you receive a preview of it in the trailer, but it is nothing like when you see it in its entirety. This one, unlike the first, will not bore you. I recommend you see it...A!

No comments:

Post a Comment