Monday, August 15, 2011

Movies in Review: "The Help"

Wow...really enjoyed this movie...really. I heard the book was very dark, so to all of you who read the book, the film doesn't play out as dark. Nonetheless, I think it gives you enough without overpowering it...ya know. If you pay attention you can see the torment that these maids go through, although it is sprinkled with humor and sometimes joy. Listen as they tell you their hourly wage, as they have to take their children out of school so they can start working to help pay bills, the abuse, the mistreatment, its all in there. However you will still come out of this movie feeling good, and may even shed a few tears of joy here and there.

Viola Davis is guaranteed to give a great performance, and no one could have played her character Aibileen better. Octavia Spencer was my favorite character as Minnie. She was just fun to watch and had so much spice and attitude...loved her. I admit though that I thought Emma Stone looked odd in the trailer as Skeeter, and I really didn't think she would pull this character off. Come to find out, the only thing that was off kilter about Emma Stone in this film was her wig...omg that wig was aweful. Other than that, she was great. Believe when I tell you that you will love this film...Love!...A+!

No comments:

Post a Comment