Monday, March 21, 2011

Movies in Review: "The Lincoln Lawyer"

This movie was #4 in its opening weekend with "Limitless" taking the #1 spot from a very poor movie ticket sell weekend. To my surprise, this film was the best movie I saw this weekend and definitely deserved to gross more and place higher than #4. But I'm sure everyone was hesitant given that Matthew McConaughey had the lead role. I had the same hesitation knowing his track record in films. But it had William H. Macy in it, who I love, so I was still all in!

McConaughey definitely redeemed himself in my eyes as lawyer Mickey Haller. He was gangster, and had my respect throughout the film. It was kinda like watching a 2 hr "Law & Order" episode, except it was all focused on the "order" portion. The story was great, as well as the action and direction. You are going to love Mickey's driver. Happy to see Phillipee back on the big screen, and he also redeemed himself in my eyes as a result of seeing this film. I'm telling you, this film is worth seeing. Would I steer you wrong? Go see it! B+

No comments:

Post a Comment