Monday, October 3, 2011

Movies in Review: "What's You Number"

It was a very sad showing at the movie box offices this weekend. The top movie only brought in 14.2million. This really isn't bad considering that it was "Dolphin Tale" and had been released last weekend. Unfortunately the movies that opened this weekend did not fair well at all...smh.

First up we have the romantic comedy starring Anna Farris and Chris Evans. This movie ranked 8th in its weekend opener, and only brought in a dismal 5.6million...yikes! I guess its fair to say that people are kind of tired of seeing this story being redone over and over and over and over...you get my point. And indeed it was kinda the same predictable story, and cliche ending for this movie unfortunately. I have to admit that I still thought it was still cute. But that could have alot to do with the fact that I am female, and I enjoy stories like these for the most part. It did play out a little differently than the others, with its quirky and fun storyline. I'm usually not a fan of Anna Farris's angle of comedy, but I enjoyed her in this role. I also thought her and Chris Evans made an adorable pair, and I could not get enough of Evan's smile :). The idea of the # of sex partners correlating with finding "the one" was cute. And quite honestly I'm sure alot of females will find themselves making a list of past partners after watching this movie...lol...I know I did...and my # was............Ha! wouldn't you like to know!

This movie isn't a must see, but for the females who enjoy movies like these, like myself, I don't think you will be mad spending your money on a matinee. Men however would want to stay away from attending this movie with a female they are newly dating or have been dating for a few months. This movie will only cause you and your partner to get into an argument, or bring cause for "the conversation"...you now what I'm talking about. Anyway, not a bad movie especially for a rental...B-

No comments:

Post a Comment