Monday, October 24, 2011

Movies in Review: "The Three Muskateers"

Oh how we tire of remakes...when will producers ever get the picture. It cost 90million to make this movie, and this film fell quite short of that it's opening weekend, coming in 4th. And they had the nerve to release it in 3D...smh...definitely not worth that at all.

There were a few things that should have been replaced. One of them is casting Milla Jovovich as Mi Lady...boooooo! She didn't fit this character in so many ways. Is Mi Lady suppose to be sexy? This is something Milla could not portray. There was nothing sexy or provocative about her at all. All her scenes were overdone, and her acting was making my stomach turn. I'm sure they could have found someone else more suitable for this role in my opinion...smh. I also thought the storyline with D'Artagnan took away from the best part of the film which involved Athos, Porthos, and Aramis. They were the best part of the movie to me, and if the focus had been geared towards them, it may have made for a better movie. I also enjoyed the action scenes. I thought they were choreographed well. The story was decent for the most part, but some of the scenes are a bit unbelievable...really unbelievable. All the action scenes that included the flying ships should have been revamped...seriously. This movie had the potential to be so much better. I was a tad bit disappointed...

All in all though, I do believe the teenagers will like it. I think the family would enjoy it for sure. You may want to wait until it comes out on DVD perhaps...C

No comments:

Post a Comment