Monday, October 24, 2011

Movies in Review: "Johnny English Reborn"

I will be the 1st to say that I am not a Johnny English fan. This is actually the 1st movie I have seen from this franchise. I am not a fan of parody films, but there was something about the trailer that got me into the theatre. Within the 1st 15min I wanted my money back, but that soon changed.

Johnny English is one parody I think I can tolerate. I found the humor to be quite entertaining, and it was actually funny. My favorite scene was the first chase scene. I loved how the music played such an important role in the way the viewing audience saw it. The whole scene to the end was hilarious. Johnny and Agent Tucker partnered perfectly. Agent Tucker held his own, and did not fall in the shadow of English. I liked the story for the most part, except for the old Asian woman. That part of the story played out fairly quickly, and was no longer funny after the 2nd meeting.

Overall it was cool. The teenagers in the audience loved it, but I think adults will find it funny too. If you need a laugh you may not feel bad for seeing this at a matinee...B

No comments:

Post a Comment