Monday, October 17, 2011

Movies in Review: "The Texas Killing Fields"

Not much buzz about this movie. I came across it in my friday paper, and seeing that Sam Worthington was in it, I was all in. This crime film based on true events about a serial killer in Texas was a bit all over the place. It was hard to follow, and annoying to watch really. This movie would have been better suited as an hour long episode on Criminal Minds instead of this huge movie production. The story definitely wasn't worth it, and I think the people behind Criminal Minds would have done a better job with it.

This was the first time that I thought Sam Worthington was laying it on thick, which has me thinking the direction was to cause for this mess of a film. There was really nothing that I enjoyed about it, and I think the audience viewing it with me agreed. Its never a good sign when the credits start rolling and people start sucking their teeth because they wasted their money and time...this is that type of film. So in my opinion, pass on this one and try an episode of Criminal Minds instead...D

No comments:

Post a Comment