Monday, October 17, 2011

Movies in Review: "The Way"

I was looking forward to see this film which starred Martin Sheen and his son Emilio, which the film was also directed. The trailer looked interesting enough, and I am a fan of the Sheen family. Unfortunately this film did not meet my expectations. I was expecting a bit more drama, but instead the movie was just filled with walking and bickering between the characters in the film. Yes the walking should have been expected since the premise of the movie is centered around the pilgrimage to Carmen De Santiago. However I just thought the film was to long in this regard. I think they could have spent a little more time developing a true understanding of Tom and Daniel's broken father and son relationship.

The Way wasn't all bad though. I did find the characters on the pilgrimage with Tom to be quite amusing, especially Joost. But the movie was over 2hrs long, and I wanted a little more than just walking and bickering. The mood of the film was very enlightening though. It actually had me interested in the pilgrimage myself. Each character had their own reason for taking the walk, and it was a great feeling when they all finally reached the end. This film was ok, but you may want to pass on the theatre experience, and instead experience from your nice comfy couch at home. My guess is that within the 1st 45min you will fall asleep. It's not all bad though if you are able to stay awake to watch it...B-

No comments:

Post a Comment