Monday, October 31, 2011

Movies in Review: "Like Crazy"

This was honestly my favorite movie this weekend. And let me just state that alot of that may have to do with the fact that I am a female, and stories like these usually touch me the most. Now this is not to say that men won't like it, but it's definitely a chick flick...men you have been warned...

The way the movie opened was annoying the hell out of me at first. It felt like a documentary, and therefore was unscripted. It was like fragmented shots and words spoken here and there. It opens with the characters Jacob and Anna first flirting. You remember how that was when you were young and in lust/love...the looks, the smile, the approach, the 1st call, the 1st date, the awkwardness, that warm tingly feeling...I could go on, but you get my point. It only took a minute for me to appreciate what tone the director was trying to create, and it worked wonderfully for the rest of the film. My favorite scene was after Anna and Jacob's first date, and them saying goodbye...awwwweeee. You can't tell me if you see this movie you won't find yourself remembering when you had those same feelings and emotions. It took me back...

The story starts to get serious when Anna and Jacob try to maintain a long distance relationship...hmmmmm...I'm sure we have all been there, and we know how that story goes. I enjoyed how this movie touches on many of the difficulties of such a relationship. I think this film was very beautifully played, even to the end. Ladies make it and evening with your girls, and men, take the lady in which the words "I love you" have already been spoken, and enjoy yourselves...A-

No comments:

Post a Comment