Monday, October 17, 2011

Movies in Review: "The Skin I Live In"

This film was the best movie I had a chance to see this weekend. And to think that I had no interest in seeing it from what I viewed in the trailer. Its a great thing I came across some positive reviews, or I would have missed out, just because I am not a huge fan of subtitles. But subtitles or not, this movie was astounding.

It quite obvious that Pedro Almodovar has quite a following. This was the first movie I have seen of his, the rest of the viewing audience were definitely fans of his work, and I can see why.I advise that you read a short synopsis of this movie. I thought I knew the idea and story of this film after reading up on it, but after viewing it, I had no clue. I love it when a movie turns you all around and inside out. This movie has an Alfred Hitchcock feel and will have you feel like you just lost your mind...in a sense. The production is not great, but you will be so enthralled in the story, that I don't think you will notice. I know many people are not fans of subtitles, like myself, but this movie is one still worth catching...A+


I went to see this movie after work on it's opening night. I was happy about this decison especially when my whole viewing audience received a special treat. Elena Anaya, the actress who plays "Vera" stopped in for a quick Q&A with the audience...Sweet! I was seated near the back. Excuse the clarity of the pic but I turned my flash off, just because I thought it would be rude to have my camera flashing in her face while she was speaking. But this is Elena, she's a very beautiful lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment