Monday, October 3, 2011

Movies in Review: "Dream House"

In it's opening weekend this movie ranked #6 with tickets sales at 8.2million. Not great considering that it took 50million to make this film :(.

It was meant to be a thriller, but it was however, less thrilling than I expected. The story seemed to me to be alot like the idea of "Shutter Island", which I found to be amazing. But this movie just kind of dragged along at the beginning, and seemed to be a bit all over the place, especially the opening scene. I did not find the directing of this film to be that great, and in my opinion was to blame for such a so so thriller. Some of the actions happening just didn't seem to make sense, but the core of the story was not all that bad. The bar scene with the cops didn't make much sense to me, as well as the whole set-up with the killer for hire (it should have been obvious that he was at the wrong house). This movie had such great potential to be mind boggling, but instead fell flat at the end and left me personally unsatisfied. This movie is good enough for a rental, paying anything more may just have you pissed...C+

No comments:

Post a Comment