Monday, November 26, 2018

Movies in Review: "Creed II"

The Rocky franchise was renewed when the 2015 film Creed landed in theaters. We were all hype walking out of this film and on board with the new direction the franchise was taking. I know I wasn't the only one who got chills when watching trailers for this sequel. I know I was hype. I admit, I enjoyed Creed, and liked the way the story continued, but I didn't rave about the film as much as others. However, Creed II had me on another level. The trailer for this sequel had chills running up my spine, of course, much of that could have been due to the music accompanying the trailer. I was all the way hype, not to mention the storyline...Yaaaassssssss. I was prepared to see a boxing match this Holiday weekend, and I was all the way ready.

I very much enjoyed this movie. However, I thought that the storyline of Drago and Creed would be the best part, but it was the love story of Bianca and Creed that drew me in. Their love story wasn't the focal point of the film (just in case you men are worried), but to me, it was the most powerful part of the film. There was some real love felt in those scenes with them, I'm always here for that.

Besides the love story, the film had the heart and power we felt in the first film, if not more. I wish the Drago character had more dialogue, and they made him more personable. He just felt like an animal in the film. That would probably have been the only thing I would have changed. Jordan however was giving me life! Can I get and AMEN for that body! Apologies male readers of my blog, but I'm about to spaz out for a second. I am still applauding that work Michael B. Jordan put in on the body. Believe me when I tell you, Jordan alone is enough to get you into the theater to see this film. Half the movie was filmed with his shirt off, sit on that for a min...Girl!

I have so many good things to say about this movie. It wasn't perfect, but it had all the right things in it to make it good enough to recommend you see it...A-

No comments:

Post a Comment