Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Movies in Review: "Overlord"

So, you guys know I try to stay as far away from horror as I can, mainly because I'm a big punk, but also because horror flicks have a way of just being corny. Nothing about the trailer for Overlord looked corny, nor did it look like just a scream movie. At first glance at the trailer it just looked like a regular war flick, a genre I love, it wasn't until near the end of the trailer did things go left. I was this close to not seeing this film, but something about it interested me, so I decided to take my chances. My expectations were about average wondering how much horror there would be.

Wow...oh wow...this movie right here!? It's EVERYTHING. If you are a fan of horror, then you need to see this. I was on-board with this film from the opening scene when we are introduced to the characters, then all hell breaks loose. That shot of the actor falling out of the plane was bananas. I was in total awe and freaked the hell out of anticipation of what was to come. I really enjoyed the cast, and thought they put together a nice blend of different personalities that really worked well together. There is humor, a great story, and horror that will have you shook in your seat and screaming out loud...ijs. You will definitely find yourself caught off guard.

There was nothing corny about this film. It has everything going for it. This is a horror flick you want to see that is well worth the money. I am still freaked out by what I watched on-screen. The Grinch was the highest grossing film this past weekend, and many of you missed out on this gem. Do yourself a favor and see it...A+

No comments:

Post a Comment