Sunday, November 4, 2018

Movies in Review: "Nobody's Fool"

Ok, so I'm always on the fence when it comes too Tyler Perry films. Although I must admit, I seriously I usually don't have a problem with his non-Madea movies and find most of them fairly entertaining. However, the difference with the other films is that this one stars Tiffany Haddish, who as I've expressed, I can take or leave. She seemed a little, but mostly over the top and obnoxious in the trailer. Good thing this movie had other actors that I adore to get me in the door. I am a true fan of Whoopi and her work on-screen. I seriously wish she was doing more these days. There is nothing she stars in I wouldn't see. I am also a huge fan of Omari Hardwick, whose talent I have been rooting for since before anyone really started to notice him on his hit TV show Power. Hardwick has skills that need to be recognized. I never expect too much from Perry's films. If anything, I knew I would be entertained.

As expected, this movie wasn't exceptional, but it was still decent. I must admit I did like Haddish, she had a number of decent funny moments, but she seemed too much for everyone else around her. Whoopi and her matched really well, but Whoopi had very little screen-time. I was expecting this movie to be more of a comedy, but it was more of a romantic comedy that had a little too much romance in the story. Not that I minded, because the romance involved Hardwick who had a much bigger role in the film than I expected. His part in the film I loved, However I wish Sumpter and Amber Riley's roles were a little funnier to at least compete with Haddish. Haddish stole every scene she was in, although she wasn't really the lead, but her character did take most, if not all of the focus. I loved the hair and make-up, especially the looks of Hardwick, Riley and Sumpter. They were stunning.

This movie is cute. I do think the women will enjoy it more than the men. *Side note for the women, the movie is worth going to see for Hardwick alone. Don't go with your husbands because Hardwick is going to give you feelings in this movie...ijs...fair warning. I fell in love with him and when the movie ended it felt like that was the end of our very hot and heated short-term relationship...ijs. Again, this movie isn't exceptional, but there are a number of moments I did enjoy...B-

No comments:

Post a Comment