Monday, November 12, 2018

Movies in Review: "The Grinch"

I was very much looking forward to The Grinch as I found the trailer dazzling and funny, which filled me with nothing but anticipation of its release. I adore the Dr. Seuss Grinch character, and loved that he was being voiced by Benedict Cumberbatch for this film. From what I heard in the trailer, Cumberbatch sounded like a good match. The trailer had enough to make me smile and fill me with excitement. I adored the 2000 live-action Grinch film, and only expected more from the 2018 animated version.

I didn't love this movie, but I did like it. The animation was absolutely loved the animation. It was bright, colorful, and a visual sight. I also loved the soundtrack and voice characters which were both fitting for the film. However, I didn't really feel like this movie had anything new or exciting to offer to the film. The comedy was cute, but nothing really exciting. This film was subtler than I had expected it to be, and also very short. Honestly, it felt like. made for TV film than something that deserved a box office release...ijs. Kind of like those Charlie Brown stories we get every holiday season. I think I was expecting a little more. ~shrugs

The kids will definitely love this film, and so will adults. It has a very cute story and is visually fun to watch. It was a little too textbook and short for me. I was expected a little bit of newness in the story, and maybe even a little more excitement. Not a bad movie, but it didn't wow me like I expected it to...B-

No comments:

Post a Comment