Monday, November 26, 2018

Movies in Review: "Ralph Breaks the Internet"

I loved the original film Wreck-it-Ralph, so I was more than excited when I first watched the trailer for this sequel. The trailer looked amazing and seemed to have a nice spin from its original. Almost everything is about the internet now, so I thought this was a good direction to take the movie. The trailer looked like it had all the original characters returning, with some interesting new additions. Besides Creed II, this was the other film I was definitely looking forward to seeing over this holiday weekend. Sequels usually don't add up to its predecessor, but I had high hopes for this one.

This movie was way more than I expected it to be. They really stepped it up on this sequel. The original really felt focused on the kid audience with a story fitting for the younger audience, but this sequel is way more tech, and savvy. The story had more depth and will keep an older audience interests on the screen. It is still a movie that the kids will love. The animation, and CGI is amazing, and the characters will give you life. I loved the scene with all the Disney Princesses, they looked stunning, were funny, and I loved how they made them into relatable characters. My favorite character was Yesss, voiced by Taraji P. Henson. Yesss had the best hair and clothes in the movie. Her look was so fly, and changed in almost every scene she was in. There were definitely a few hairstyles and outfits I wanted for myself...lol. She is everything.

Ralph Breaks the Internet really packs a punch and is fun and exciting throughout. The story has depth, characters are on point, and the visuals are amazing. If you are interested in seeing this film, I would recommend you definitely check out the Wreck-it-Ralph first. This sequel is well worth seeing and adding to the collection...A+

No comments:

Post a Comment