Monday, November 19, 2018

Movies in Review: "Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald"

I may be the only one to admit this, but I was not the biggest fan of the first Fantastic Beasts film...sue me. It's not that I hated it, but while everyone else was raving about it, I just thought it was ok ~shrugs. However, there was definitely something different about this film when I watched the trailer. The adventures seemed more riveting and the beasts more interesting. Not to mention the addition of new characters. I was happy to see Jude Law (who I love) cast, as well as Johnny Depp, who hasn't released a decent movie in a while. I wasn't a fanatic about with the first film, but I was more than intrigued with this second installment, and admit I was looking forward to seeing it.

I definitely enjoyed this movie far better than the first. This installment seemed to move at a quicker pace, which worked well for my attention span...lol. The wizardry was on another level in this movie as well, and I loved it. The film has a powerful opening that sets this film off to a great start and the greatness continued throughout the film. There a number of subplots in the film that all come together well for the main plot. Unlike the last film, this movie was less focused on the beasts, and more focused on the wizardry and people. There were some beautiful beasts to be seen though, but this film had a better balance of both. This movie has a fairly long running time, but nothing that isn't to be expected from a film like this and nothing that you will notice. As a matter of fact, by the time it ended I was wanting more...smh. The cinematography in this film is remarkable as well as all cast performances, especially Depp. I am very interested in what the next film will bring.

If you are a fan of Fantastic Beasts, be prepared to get more than your monies worth from this one. It has great stories, characters, and is visually exciting. Expect to be entertained from start to finish...A+

No comments:

Post a Comment