Monday, December 10, 2018

Movies in Review: "Ben is Back"

There was nothing particularly exciting about this movie when watching the trailer, however it is the plot that many people may find familiar and personal that will draw you in. This is the reason I went to see the film, the story hits home. It may not hit home for many of us personally, but it's a story we may have all come in contact with. The plot drew me in, as well as the cast. This movie wasn't ranked high on my list of films to see, but lucky for me there weren't too many new releases this weekend, pushing this film right to the top of my weekend viewing list. My expectations for the film were about average. I expected to walk out of the theater satisfied.

I was more than satisfied with this film. Spending one day with Ben will keep you glued to the screen. I was mentally and emotionally exhausted after watching these 24hrs play out on-screen. Can you imagine a family who is actually dealing with this type of family drama? I could feel every emotional fear and anguish Julia Robert's character went through as a mother. This story felt so real, it was a little hard to watch. I know I started to think about my own child watching this film and was hit with overwhelming fear.

A day in the life with Ben (a recovering addict) and his mother played by Julia Robert's is an eye-opening experience. All a mother wants to do is keep their child safe, but life can definitely get in the way of that, and that's what's scary. This is a family drama that is very well done and will hit home...A-

No comments:

Post a Comment