Sunday, November 4, 2018

Movies in Review: "Bohemian Rhapsody"

I love a biographical pic, enjoying the stories of real-life people I may not know but admire, play out on the big screen. I was totally enthralled with the film when I watched the trailer for the first time. I had totally forgot about Queen and how much I loved their music. Although I don't recall ever really knowing who they were, I do remember rocking to their songs whenever I heard them on the radio, or their videos came across my television. The trailer was nostalgic, as I seriously forgot how many tunes I used to love from them (as I sit hear listening to Queen while writing). Needless to say, I was looking forward to seeing this film. From what was captured in the trailer, I had no doubt I would love it and be entertained.

I was definitely entertained. I loved being taken down memory lane with the soundtrack of Queen. I enjoyed being given a little view into the dynamic of this group with focus on their lead singer Freddie Mercury. Wow...the actor Rami Malek really did his thing as Mercury, as well as the other actors. I know I felt like I was watching Queen. I loved the way the story was filmed, especially that Live Aid scene, which was phenomenal. I remember watching that broadcast on TV, and to see it in a film had me amazed at how beautiful that concert was. I loved the costumes and hair, which were all on point. The film had a lot of emotion.

A running time of over 2 hrs can be a little scary, but this one has such great entertainment value you won't even notice. I enjoyed this movie as much as I expected too, if not more. Praises to the act Malek who I have never really seen on-screen before. This movie will take you back, and you will enjoy the ride...A-

No comments:

Post a Comment