Monday, November 26, 2018

Movies in Review: "Robin Hood"

I'm not the biggest fan of the same tales being told over and over again, and I think Robin Hood has definitely had its run and should be put to rest. So needless to say, I was less than thrilled when I watched the newest trailer for this story. The trailer was ok, but I think I was most intrigued by Taron Egerton, who I happen to have a massive crush on. He is an extra cutie. He was actually the only reason I even went to see this film as I am not the biggest fan of Jamie Foxx's acting skill. Outside of Ray, he has pretty much been obtuse on the big screen ~shrugs. This movie is 2hrs long, which I thought was a lot of time for a movie I didn't really care to see, however the action scenes in the trailer looked decent and there was also 2hrs gazing at Egerton, so I decided to go.

Although I wasn't expecting much from this movie, I received even less than that from my time. Egerton was the only take away from this movie, the rest of the film was mostly a bust. I disliked Foxx in this role, as I thought I would. I could not take him seriously as an Arab fighter. It is hard to take his performances seriously because it always feels like he's acting out a comedy skit in his roles. I seriously recommend he gets a new acting coach ASAP. The action sequences were mediocre at best, mostly filled with explosions and weak choreographed fight scenes. Nothing that was really exciting or stood out. The story was dull too. I was expecting more as there had a nice build-up, but never really climaxed...eh.

This movie is just ok. I wouldn't recommend spending 2 hours of your time or your money to catch it in the theater. Waiting until it is released on cable television is a much wiser and better bet. There are far too many movies better than this out there...D+

No comments:

Post a Comment