Monday, April 30, 2018

Movies in Review: "Avengers: Infinity War"

So, the most anticipated film of 2018 has finally arrived. Coming off the success of Black Panther, MCU fans were ready to keep this momentum going, and it showed at the box offices...but are we surprised??? I know I was excited, but also a little worried. Do you see how many of the MCU characters this movie had in it!? was I the only one concerned this movie wasn't going to play out as well because of the amount of characters? My concern for this brought my expectations for this film just slightly. I wasn't even concerned the movie had a 3hr running time, that should be expected with an ensemble like this right? I'm not going to lie, I was here for Black Panther, Hulk and Thor, everyone else was just extra...lol.

Ummmmmmmm....Let's start from the beginning and let me tell you I was not ready. Josh Brolin as Thanos put fear into my soul. Did you see that opening scene!? Are you kidding me!? The power Thanos and his goons possessed was enough to make me want to retreat. All I have to say is...The Hulk...smh. I thought the amount of characters was going to be a mess, but it actually worked well. Everyone had a decent amount of screen time, but The Guardians of the Galaxy received the most, along with Iron Man. Anyone wanting to get their Black Panther fix, don't let that trailer fool you. Although Wakanda was the backdrop for the major battle scene, the Black Panther characters were more of an afterthought. T'Challa had a few lines, but Black Panther was about the only hero without any upgrade to his powers...eh. There was just a bunch of kicking and scratching like in the first Avenger film he premiered in...eh. However, there were other character upgrades that had my jaw on the floor. The new Spiderman was my favorite...right!? He was so dope, cute, and funny. I kinda like this kid. Iron man had an exciting upgrade that blew my mind. I was also loving Dr. Strange, especially towards the end, and I've never seen Scarlet Witch more powerful than in this film. She was definitely badass, where I usually found her a little corny. The film still had all the humor we love about MCU films, I found myself laughing out loud on more than a few occasions.

Please be warned that Thanos is going to ruin your whole life. When I tell you I was not ready, I was not ready. I was expecting a rally, but what I got was quite unbelievable. You could tell the audience was feeling the same way because when the credits rolled, people who wanted to clap were too busy being pissed by what happened at the end. Never has a Marvel film wrecked my whole life the way this movie did. Now I have to wait until 2019!? Ugh!? Marvel is a genius...and you should do yourself a favor and see this film and hold on for the 2019 release...A-

No comments:

Post a Comment