Monday, April 9, 2018

Movies in Review: "Blockers"

Blockers is the one movie I was definitely looking forward to seeing this weekend. I love a good comedy and there was nothing in my mind that had me thinking this film wouldn't be able to deliver a barrel of laughs. I mean come on, with a comedic cast that includes Leslie Mann, John Cena (who can deliver a laugh), and Ike Barinholtz, I was expecting to be pissing my pants. Needless to say, my expectations were set high, but there was no reason this film shouldn't be able to deliver.

I admit that I did have a few laugh out loud moments, but the writing was killed moments that should have been great. There were a few moments that felt really empty in some scenes, and it felt like the humor was put in a box and I was waiting for it to be let loose. However, there was still some great laughable moments. I enjoyed the story line between the teenagers, making regular teenage decisions, and doing stupid teenage stuff ~shrugs. For anyone who is thinking you may want to bring your older children to see this film, please keep in mind it has an R rating. There is a reason for the rating...fyi.

I enjoyed Blockers, although it did feel like not only was sex being blocked, but also some of the real humor. I was waiting for the comedy to let loose, but it seriously felt like it was blocked (pun intended). I did laugh, but I think I should have laughed more. I left the theater smiling at the more humorous scenes, but still left the theater a little unfulfilled. ~shrugs...B-

No comments:

Post a Comment