Monday, April 30, 2018

Movies in Review: "Disobedience"

As with most movie goers this weekend, the only film really on my radar was the newest installment from the Avengers. However, I already know most have plans to see it, with or without my review, and thought I should definitely add another flick to my roster for review. That's when I can across the trailer for Disobedience, a film based off a book of the same name. I love films based from books, I love Rachel McAdams and Rachel Weisz, and the trailer was more than intriguing to get me into the theater to see this film. I'm sure many of you have not heard of it. Here is link for the trailer.

I very much enjoyed the way this movie was filmed. There were shots in the film, with no dialogue, that still told a story. Those were some of the best scenes for me. The dialogue in the opening scene was very thought provoking and a theme that ran throughout the film. The 3 main characters, Weisz, McAdams, and actor Alessandro Nivola gave exceptional performances in this love triangle. Nivola was my favorite. My favorite scene was at the dinner table where Weisz shined for me. From the trailer you can see that the movie is centered around a forbidden lesbian relationship. Not that I believe anyone would take a child to see this film, but there is an uber erotic lesbian scene in the film...fyi.

It is unfortunate many of you may not have the chance to see this film as it only has a very limited release. If you do find it in your area, I recommend seeing it. If you are unable to see the film, then read the book. After seeing this movie, myself, I'm more than eager to read the book...A

No comments:

Post a Comment