Monday, April 16, 2018

Movies in Review: "Rampage"

I seriously had no desire to see this film. There was nothing that made me feel like any parts of this movie would be good. The only thing that got me into the theater was the chance to see Dwayne Johnson flex those muscles attached to that beautiful body. I'm likely to pay money to see this any day no matter how bad I think the movie is...ijs. Needless to say, my expectations for this film were pretty low, but I was only here to see The Rock flash those pearly whites and make me drool over bulging biceps. I went to a matinee anyway, so the cost of my movie ticket was definitely worth that...lol.

As I expected, the movie was a little corny and that story lack luster. However, it still packed enough excitement to keep me entertained. Those mutated animals were bananas! I found myself jumping with fear on more than one occasion. I loved the albino gorilla Gorge, and the chemistry between him and Johnson. That was the most entertaining part in the movie. I thought Naomie Harris was too talented for this role. It felt like a role she might take early on in her career and it would still feel like she was too talented for it ~shrugs. I was happy that the film had a short running time because the stunts kept getting more outrageous to be believable and the horrible acting from Malin Akerman and Jake Lacy were enough to make my skin crawl.

I didn't hate this movie. I guess that it helped to have low expectations. I kind of walked out of the theater enjoying it more than I thought I would. It helped that the final scene made for a pretty great ending. This film may lack in some areas, but thrills and excitement is not one of them...C+

No comments:

Post a Comment