Monday, May 7, 2018

Movies in Review: "Tully"

When I watched the trailer for Tully I truly laughed and cringed at the same time. Seeing Theron take on a role that looked as if we would get a real glimpse into motherhood was definitely something I wanted to see. As a mother and everything that comes along with it, the one thing you want is to not feel alone in the experience. I can honestly say motherhood is not for me to try more than once and is the scariest thing I've ever done, but I'm more than happy to take a few hours to laugh about it...lol.

Wow...they held back no punches with this once. It was like a raw light into motherhood that had me reminiscing too hard with my own experience. Theron was a star in this role and shined as you would expect her too. This movie has some fun and light moments, but most women will see themselves throughout the film. I really enjoyed the character Tully and thought what a savior she would have been for me for my first few months. There was some great insight to be taken away from the film, especially for the men. Ijs...I think fathers should see this one too.

Is it bad that this movie made me laugh, sad, happy and a little depressed...lol. It felt like post-partum all over again ~cringe. I enjoyed this film, I would never watch it again, but I did enjoy it...B+

No comments:

Post a Comment