Monday, April 23, 2018

Movies in Review: "I Feel Pretty"

I love Amy Schumer's comedy style and have an appreciation for her work. She won me over in the film Trainwreck, which she also wrote, however I was hugely disappointed with the film Snatched. I am trying not to hold Snatched against her and still believe in her talent to entertain and make me laugh. I loved the trailer for I Feel Pretty. Stories like these always seem to resonate with me...girl problems ~shrugs. With this weekend's weak movie releases, this was the film I was most looking forward to seeing. These days I can use a good laugh, and I depended on this film to deliver...and it did.

This is definitely a film for the ladies. This movie's premise deals with a situation I think we have all felt. I definitely could see myself in Schumer's character during the first few scenes of the film. My heart didn't just break for her, but I also saw myself. I think we could all relate in one way or another to Schumer's character. One of my favorite characters in the movie was definitely the front desk employee at Soul Cycle. She was EVERYTHING. Her expressions and reactions couldn't have been more perfect for her scenes. I also loved Schumer's boyfriend and their chemistry. I think Michelle Williams voice was supposed to be funny, but ummmmmmmmm...no. Seeing Schumer's character go through her own self outlook was an emotional ride for me, and I loved it.

I feel like I walked out of the theater with a different outlook about my own personal image that made me smile. I could have used a few more laughs and there were some parts of the story line that could have been stronger, but I still think this movie is a winner for all women. It's entertaining, felt real, and I enjoyed it...B

No comments:

Post a Comment