Monday, April 9, 2018

Movies in Review: "A Quiet Place"

We all know I'm not the biggest fan of horror films, mostly because they are usually just cream flicks with very little acting or talent involved...ijs. However, upon seeing the trailer for A Quiet Place I was more than interested, but also a little worried and skeptical. From what I could see in the trailer, the film involved no talking...hmmmmmmmmm. Sooooooooo...I'm just going to find entertainment in an hour and a half of facial expressions??? Again, I was skeptical, but the movie starred 2 of my favorites, Emily Blunt and John Krasinski (who also directed the film). I also had to see how the scene played out with Emily Blunt's character was hiding in the tub...lol...

This movie was EVERYTHING! Omg...you should have seen me in the theater, gripping my chair, seated at the edge of my seat crunching on popcorn with my eyes wide open in anticipation for what was about to happen next. Here is how the film drew me in. That opening scene when we get introduced to the aliens...OMG...you are going to piss yourself...holy cow. Here's why you won't notice there isn't much talking, they did a great job of having the music tell the story when there isn't much talking. Not to mention the scenes that involved the aliens is enough to raise every hair on your body. The sounds that these things make will have you on edge for weeks. The sound is piercing and the creepiest sound you will ever hear...lol. I am so serious. I screamed (lightly) in the theater at least 3 times...smh. Oh, and that Emily Blunt tub scene...Omg...I don't need my blood pressure rising like that.

The emotions that went through my body watching this film is crazy. I just watched a horrific masterpiece. Although not perfect, but damn near close to it. I applaud this film and Krasinski for this directorial debut. Well done...A+!

No comments:

Post a Comment