Monday, October 15, 2012

Movies in Review: "Seven Psychopaths"

I was looking forward to seeing this movie. From what I saw in the trailer, it had an amazing cast that includes Sam Rockwell, Christopher Walken, Woody Harrelson, and Colin Farrell, all of whom I am fans of. The trailer made me laugh, and I anticipated even more from the movie. I was also looking forward to seeing Farrell in a hit movie (and I thought this was it), instead of the box office flops he's taken roles in lately. Although regardless of tickets sales, I very much enjoyed Total Recall...

But unfortunately I hated this comedic catastrophe...smh. Where do I begin? Should I start off by telling you that I hardly laughed? Or should I tell you the story is all over the place that there seems to be no rhyme or reason for anything happening. I will tell you that I enjoyed Sam Rockwell's and Christopher Walken's characters, but the story was so poorly written that they and the rest of the cast just appeared to be foolish. This hasn't happened in a while, but I seriously wanted to walk out of this film a half hour before it was slated to end...horrible

In my opinion you would have to be a teenage boy, or seriously crazy to sit in the theatre and act like you are enjoying this. There are 7 psychopaths in this film, but if you are stupid enough to buy a ticket for this one, I would definitely have to consider you the 8th!...D-

No comments:

Post a Comment