Monday, October 15, 2012

Movies in Review: "Here Comes the Boom"

I have not enjoyed all of Kevin James's comedies, but I am a huge fan of Kevin James to know that I have enjoyed enough of his movies to give this one a go. From what I saw in the trailer, I expected this one to be one of his better comedies. He looked amazing, Selma Hayek looked adorable, and the story seemed interesting enough...so I was in...

In my opinion the movie was alot better than critics were giving it credit for, and I'm happy to say that I enjoyed it. The ending was super predictable, but it was the cast that made the movie entertaining and fun to the end. Kevin James was in the best shape of his life, and was able to pull off his great comedic antics. I haven't seen Hayek in many/any comedic roles, but I enjoyed her. She was just naturally funny, and her and James were a great pair. Bas Rutten the ex MMA champion, and Henry Winkler were also great additions with Rutten being my favorite character. I enjoyed the way the film was written and directed in a way that made the cast seem natural and blend well together.

By no means is this the best comedy I have ever seen, but it did make the viewing audience, myself included, laugh. It is fun and cute, something I would consider a good date movie, or matinee. I enjoy comedies like this, so this one gets my recommedation...B!

No comments:

Post a Comment