Monday, October 22, 2012

Movies in Review (INDEPENDENT FILM): "The Sessions"

Another independent film that I was able to take advantage of seeing this weekend. I wanted to see this one because of Helen Hunt, who I haven't seen in a film in a while, and William H Macy who is one of my top actors. After seeing the trailer for this movie it reminded me of The Intouchables, another independent film I thoroughly enjoyed, and was hoping to get the same feeling from this movie.

Well...it was good, but I enjoyed The Intouchables more. Don't get me wrong, it is a great story that plays out well. Maybe it was all the sex that made me uncomfortable at times...lol. Helen Hunt looked amazing, and is very comfortable with her body, but after seeing it more than I cared too, there is no reason she should be ashamed. William H. Macy was a great addition to the cast for more comedy relief. He was my favorite character, and I'm sure you will like what he brings to this film. Kudos to John Hawkes for  playing the lead Mark O'Brien. He was on his back throughout the entire movie, playing a man paralyzed from the neck down due to polio. The sex scenes between him and Hunt will having you cracking up, and feeling his pain...and pleasure.

This is another decent film that I would recommend you seeing if you can find it in your area. Its a feel good movie, that will have you smiling even at the end...B+                            

No comments:

Post a Comment