Monday, October 15, 2012

Movies in Review: "Argo"

The trailer really didn't have me convinced to see this film. It was Ben Affleck alone in the director's chair and lead that had me give this movie a go. I have enjoyed The Town and Gone Baby Gone, so although the trailer looked like a snoozer, I figured that there would be more to the film that wasn't easily seen in the trailer.

I was right to trust my gut with Ben. As with his earlier projects, this film was wonderfully written and directed. It's not the most theatrical film, but it is a pretty damn good movie. The story is very simple, but is directed so well you will find yourself caught up. There are some great suspense sequences that had me breathing sighs of relief. There is a wonderful cast that left me with no complaints. Argo has Oscar buzz surrounding it, and I can definitely see why.

This movie is simple, it is the writing, direction, and cast that make it extraordinary. This movie is 2hrs long, and in my opinion can only be appreciated by movie-goers who can appreciate a good film. If you're an action fanatic, and enjoy utter non-sense, this is not the movie for you. For everyone else, Argo is a good watch...A-

No comments:

Post a Comment