Monday, October 1, 2012

Movies in Review: "Loopers"

As great as the trailer is for this film, I admit that I was still skeptical about how well the content was going to play out. I thought it was a great idea, but thought that I would be disappointed like I have been so many other times this year. I had all intentions of still seeing this movie, but wasn't expecting to be satisfied.

Loopers starts out cool, as we see the hired hit men in action. I thought they did a great job of making Joseph Gordon-Levitt look like Bruce Willis, who plays an older version of Levitt's character. Levitt also does an amazing job of capturing Willis's facial expressions, to make it easier to believe that they are the same character. I was surprised at how well the story was written, and how it left me satisfied with everything that was happening. The premise of the movie was so complex that you would have expected to be left with unresolved question, but not with this film, a definite plus in my opinion. I only had a problem with a few slow moments in the film, but the ending brought it back on a high note for me. The movie wrapped up great.

This movie had my heart racing by the end, that's how exhilarating it was. This is a time travel adventure that is well worth the ride. Be prepared to get the unexpected...A-

No comments:

Post a Comment