Monday, July 30, 2012

Movies in Review: "The Watch"

So The Watch was about the only major released film this weekend, but I still don't think that this fact will help it with opening box office sales. I wasn't in a hurry to see this movie, and only watched it because it was the only new release. Although its a comedy, the trailer didn't look very funny to me. Just as I thought, this movie is just luke warm in the comedy category.

I am a fan of Jonah Hill in comedic roles, and I've yet to be disappointed by him...until now. I don't know what it was. Maybe Vince Vaughn overpowered everyone, or this was how his character was directed, but he wasn't very funny. I chuckled here and there, but it seemed as if Hill's charter was being held back. I did however find Vaughn to be the most comical. I am an on and off fan of Vaughn, but I did like him in this movie. Ben Stiller is the same as he is in all of his comedic movies. He makes the same facial expressions, and is so mechanical that it is hard to differentiate his characters from one another...eh.

You would be a fool to go into the theatre expecting a phenomenal story. You have to go into the theatre expecting nonsense and a good laugh. Well this movie is packed full of nonsense but the laughs are more infrequent. I would wait for a rental on this one. It's not the best comedy I have seen this summer, and in my opinion your money would be better spent to see Ted...C

No comments:

Post a Comment