Monday, July 30, 2012

Movies in Review: "Killer Joe"

I can honestly say that the words on the trailer poster really say it all, "A totally twisted deep fried Texas redneck trailer park murder story", because this is exactly what it was...and more. It was very interesting to see the level an NC-17 rating puts a movie on. I guess I forgot how far more graphic the story can get. So you should have seen my face for the opening scene...lol.

It was hard to get bored while watching this movie because scenes would just shock me back into the story. The story is interesting and complicated to keep you interested in the ending. I enjoyed McConaughey's performance in this one, almost as much as I enjoyed him in Lincoln Lawyer. He is not one of my favorite actors, but as of late, he has chosen roles that he really shines in. Some of the scenes made me uncomfortable, but I guess that is to be expected from an NC-17 rating. One thing is for sure, this movie will hand you more surprises than any movie you have seen in a while.

I can honestly say that I enjoyed the story, but it lost me at the end. This movie ended so oddly in my opinion. It was like a non-ending. You know how credits start to roll and your left without closure...yeah this movie ended like that. It didn't ruin the movie, but just left me a little frustrated. If this movie is playing in your area, do yourself a favor and go see it...B

No comments:

Post a Comment