Monday, July 2, 2012

Movies in Review: "People Like Us"

This movie only had a running time of 2hrs, but it definitely felt like this movie ran longer than was necessary. I'm not trying to say it was a bad movie. I enjoyed the story, but a little more editing would have helped...

Chris Pine's story was a little over saturated for me. His story involved debt, problems with the job, problems with his family, and his relationship. It was impossible for them to clear everything up by the end of the movie, and some of his issues were not touched on enough. His story could have used the most editing. I enjoyed Elizabeth Banks character's addition to the story. I enjoyed her performance and felt that she kept the movie afloat. Her son Ted played by Mark Duplass is one of the strongest young actors I have seen in a while. I hope to see more of him because he is a pretty amazing actor. Michelle Pfeifer is a natural beauty. She didn't look a day over 40. Her character wasn't developed enough in my opinion, or her relationship with her son played by Chris Pine. Her character's screen time was limited...unfortunately. However when she was on screen, she was great. I definitely enjoyed her performance in this film alot more than her performances in Dark Shadows.

All in all, not a bad movie, just nothing you'd have any interest in running to the theatre to see. Its more of a rental flick. I admit I was bored here and there, but the ending didn't disappoint...C+

No comments:

Post a Comment