Sunday, July 22, 2012

Movies in Review: "The Dark Knight Rises"

This was the most anticipated movie of the summer for me. Without a doubt I thought I would claim this as the best movie of the summer when I walked out of the theatre. With a 3hr running time I was expecting to be taken on the best ride of my life. Well...unfortunately this movie did not meet my expectations at all. I wish someone would step to me because of my views, because I honestly don't have too many positive things to say.

When the movie started, I can't say I really understood what the hell was going on. I was totally confused about all the memorials being held for Harvey Dent AKA Two Face. From what I remember he didn't die at the end of the last movie, but was not represented at all in this film. But no worries, that was no big deal because the villain Bane was more than enough...kinda. This villain had so much potential, but in my opinion was not given full opportunity to shine. Maybe this is because the story was a little all over the place and had no real focus. There was really too much going on, that made for chaos.

There was a great deal of focus of Bruce Wayne coming out of hiding with a number of ailments to overcome...smh. There was also the addition of the cat burglar played by Anne Hathaway. Her infusion to the story caused a little confusion for me and I wonder if she was actually necessary if there we already had Bane. I can't say I felt this installment was better than the previous with Heath Ledger as the joker. I was expecting to be amazed, but instead found myself underwhelmed. Unlike The Dark Knight, the action and gadgets were also lacking. There was the introduction of only 1 new gadget, which I wasn't too impressed with. I was expecting great action sequences, but instead was bored to death with fist fights, and gun battles...lame.

I was upset that I was unable to catch this movie in IMAX, but after seeing it, was happy that I saved a few extra dollars. This installment is definitely not worth the extra dough. For all of you expecting to get that same feeling that Dark Knight gave us, will find themselves disappointed. I honestly found myself falling asleep more than once. As I was watching, I kept trying to hold on hoping it would get better. It didn't...until the end. I can say that I did like the ending, or maybe I was just happy for it to be over...lol. I was hoping to give this movie rave reviews, but it hurts me that this is not the case. I know most of us rushed to be one of the first to see it. For those of you that decided to wait out the crowd, good decision...C+ :(

Please leave a comment and let me know how you enjoyed this film. I honestly was going to give this movie a better grade, but I just couldn't force myself to do it...

No comments:

Post a Comment