Monday, July 9, 2012

Movies in Review: "The Amazing Spider Man"

Nothing I have to say about this movie is real deep, it's more simple. I really can't understand why the big wigs behind this unnecessary remake felt it necessary to put so much money and time behind this movie. I am over the Spider Man Franchise, and The Amazing Spider Man was far less amazing than it was overly theatrical and dull.

Although I enjoyed the cast performances in this version better than the 3 Spider Man installments starring Tobey Maguire, the story had nothing new or exciting to offer. The writing was horrible and me catching a few winks more than on one occasion. Long and boring is an understatement. No one in the theatre seemed to be impressed by this remake. And as far as the 3D feature, they are pretty non-existent. I watched over 85% of the movie with my 3D glasses on the top of my head.

This version was hokie (yeah I just got country on you), but to make it clear, it's not worth paying to see in the theatre. Wait for it on a local tv station. It was ok at best, but to keep it plain, you've seen it before...C-

No comments:

Post a Comment