Monday, August 6, 2012

Movies in Review: "Total Recall"

I have to admit as much as I liked the original Recall movie with Arnold Schwarzenegger, the trailer for the reboot starring Colin Farrell, had me excited to see this story redone. I was expecting exciting action from this movie, and I'm happy to say that I got just that. In my opinion, this reboot was just as good as the first one, with upgrades.

The story was pretty much the same, there may have been a few changes here and there, but you will definitely find similarities. The movie is just as action packed as the first one except with much needed upgrades. Everything seemed to be amped up more. The action was phenomenal, starting with the first fight scene with Kate Beckinsale. That scene is kick a$$. This has to be one of my favorite action roles for Beckinsale so far. She really owned her character. I also love Farrell as the action hero in this film. I am happy to see him on the big screen again. He does Schwarzenegger's old character major justice. It was great seeing Bokeem Woodbine in a decent co-star role. Although he's been in a few movies here and there, his last major film I can remember was Ray...now I can say Total Recall. I liked that his character had relevance to the story, and he didn't disappoint. One of my least favorite characters however was played by Jessica Biel. I really can't say what it was, but Biel usually doesn't do it for me, and this role was no different. It also didn't help that Beckinsale was so strong, she made Biel seem that much weaker...smh.

I was very pleased with this movie for the most part. The ending was slightly far-fetched considering the place Beckinsale's character was in on the ship. It seemed as if no one wanted to get creative on the ending, and decided to make is predictable. Although, for lack of a better word...dumb...the ending didn't ruin the film. It's a testosterone filled adventure, but with the great addition of Beckinsale, my female audience will also find favor in it...B!

No comments:

Post a Comment