Monday, July 16, 2012

Movies in Review: "Ice Age: Continental Drift"

Oh how I savor and look forward to weekends like this when there is only one major movie release, and nothing Independent out worth seeing. Don't get me wrong, I love my movies and giving these reviews, but sometimes a sista needs a break! I'm sorry, but I'm just saying...lol. Ok so after getting that off my chest, I am pleased to give you my thoughts on the 4th Ice Age movie installment...

I know many of you are over the sequels for Ice Age. You are interested in seeing another Ice Age like you're interested in another Shrek movie. Well for all you adults trying to be judgmental about this series, let me remind you that these movie are not for you, they are for the kids...so get over yourselves. The theatre I watched this movie in, the kids enjoyed it, and let me also say, so did the adults. This movie had the adults cracking up, including myself. This 4th installment, in my opinion, was the most humorous. It had the return of all your favorite characters, with plenty of addictions. In my opinion...too many additions.

The addition of Peaches is understandable as the offspring of Manny and Ellie. It was the unnecessary additions of Drake and Nicki Minaj that was a little blah to me. It seemed that producers were interested in reaching a tween audience by adding these two. There were so many other new characters that some favorites like the two possums Crash and Eddie, who made the 1st movie so enjoyable, hardly got any shine. But they were smart to give Sid more shine and even add his granny, who is played by Wanda Sykes. She was my favorite new character, and I hope they keep her in future sequels, if there are any. Leguizamo and Sykes kept this movie entertaining and worth watching.

I enjoyed this movie, and left the theatre smiling. I loved hearing the audience laugh out loud and clap as the credits rolled. I honestly don't think another Ice Age is necessary. If they were to end this series here, I would say they ended it on a good note. This movie is good family fun, and entertaining enough that adults without kids will find enjoyment in it...B-

No comments:

Post a Comment