Monday, June 25, 2012

Movies in Review: "Brave"

I am expecting this movie to come out on top this weekend, especially since it seemed to be the most anticipated animated film of not only children, but also adults...myself included. This trailer captured me from the first view. I loved the comedy and story shown in the trailer, but what really got me was the character Merida. I love it when females have the opportunities told hold the lead, and Merida seemed strong enough to make this film work...sooooooo was she?

I am happy to say that I got everything I expected from this film. It was super entertaining and is enjoyable for the family. The character Merida was a perfect teen. With her dramatics, and butting heads with her mother. They made Merida's hair over the top, and it seemed to take on a character on its own. Her hair was definitely fun to watch. Also fun to watch was Merida's father King Fergus and Merida's 3 younger brothers. The story is cute, and of course has a lesson to be learned. I honestly shed a tear at the end when they showed the love a mother has for her child, and the lengths she would go to protect them and vice versa. That was my favorite scene, but I enjoyed all of it.

Critics are giving it a so so rating, but I didn't bother to find out what they thought the film lacked. I went to see it personally and it satisfied my needs, and I think it will do the same for you. It is a great family movie that left viewers with applause in the theatre I saw it in. Take your kids to this one, or make this a solo matinee, but don't let it pass you by...A-

*Side Note...for those of you looking for a review for Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter...Im sorry but I just couldn't get myself to walk into the theatre to watch this movie. Every time the trailer played in theaters the audience would laugh. The trailer did not capture my interest, therefore this film would not receive my hard earned cash with the purchase of a movie ticket. However my friend T of The Focused Filmographer has written a very entertaining write-up if you are interested to know how it was. Please check it out Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

No comments:

Post a Comment