Monday, April 30, 2012

Movies in Review: "The Five-Year Engagement"

I have to admit that this movie is full of laughs. I love Emily Blunt, and thinks she makes a great comedic actress. Jason Segel does his usual thing and he and Blunt are fun to watch together. Segel looks dehydrated and sick through most of the movie. That problem should have fixed in make-up, but maybe it was the make-up...lol.

I liked the movie, but honestly I was exhausted with this relationship by movie's end and just wanted it to be over. By the end I am sure most of you will find yourself saying "I'm over it"...smh. The death theme seemed to be the way to keep the audience aware of how much time had passed, but it became annoying, and all it did was pinch my nerves. The only thing that kept this movie afloat was the comedy...unfortunately it didn't save it...C+

No comments:

Post a Comment