Monday, April 23, 2012

Movies in Review: "Think Like a Man"

I will be the first to admit that I am not a fan of Steve Harvey's book, but the trailer for the film looked decent enough for me to see it. I expected to like it, but this movie exceed my expectations, and I am happy to say that I loved it! I am hoping this movie does well at the box office. I was happy to see shows selling out, and even more happy to see Romany Malco (Zeke) movie-goers reactions to the film at the 34th St AMC Loews. Wow! What a treat!

I was shocked that there was nothing I disliked about this movie, or at least nothing worth speaking about. The cast was packed with a great group of talent that made all the characters work. I'm not going to deny it....Kevin Hart was the best part about the movie, or at least the piece that made everyone else better. He had everyone in the theatre cracking up. There is no denying that he was cast for comedy relief. But the movie is filled with a heavy load of talent. Taraji P. Henson has never looked better. Meagan Goode always looks great, but I like how they make her vulnerable, instead of the sexed up sex kitten. It was also nice to see Gabrielle Union's looks played down. It made her character fun and more relatable. My favorite character of the women was Candace, played by Regina Hall. I am a fan of Hall's and I always look forward to seeing her on the big screen. I don't think that her talents get used enough.

The female cast has some of the most beautiful women in hollywood, and the men cast in this movie match them perfectly. From adorable and funny Kevin Hart, to Hot and sexy Michael Ealy, your eyes will have a ball watching this movie if not for the eye candy alone. I like how the characters seem to fit the actors portraying them, and everyone seemed to shine. This movie had me laughing, drooling, and falling in love. Honestly I can show you better than I can tell you of the reasons you (women) need to see this movie...



Ladies need I say more....Yum!

Believe me when I tell you that there are even more surprises in stored for everyone in the movie. There are a number of guests appearances that will have you glad you stepped into the theatre. This movie is too much fun for words. All I have to say is that you will get your monies worth from seeing this film and so much more. I am happy to say that this movie is not a chick flick, but something that will appeal to everyone. I don't say this often, but if you haven't seen this movie, I suggest you see it soon...A-

No comments:

Post a Comment