Monday, April 30, 2012

Movies in Review: "The Raven"

John Cusack I haven't seen you since Hot Tub Time Machine...smh. I was a little uncertain about Cusack's performance in this film. I'm not sure why, but in the trailer I didn't feel he really fit the character. However, I am happy to say that I was pleasantly surprised. Cusack captured me in the opening scene. I quite enjoyed him.

He was fun and witty as the drunk, struggling writer Edgar Allen Poe. The movie itself is filled with thrills and intrigue that has you anticipating the end. Alice Eve was one of the weakest characters whose lack of real chemistry with Cusack kind of stuck out like a sore thumb. Her character was little dry and flat for me. Thank goodness the focus on her was only minimal. The other problem I had was witth the end, and the strength Cusack had with the poison...eh...but other than that, not a bad movie.

The story is interesting enough. Its not as intriguing as the trailer, but its not a total flop. I liked it...B

No comments:

Post a Comment