Monday, April 2, 2012

Movies in Review: "Mirror Mirror"

I was really looking forward to this movie after seeing the trailer. I am a huge fan of Julia Roberts, and she looked amazing as the "evil" Queen. I enjoyed Lily Collins as the pick for Snow White, at least from what I could see in the trailer. Her resemblance to Snow White was almost a perfect choice. I also didn't mind Armie Hammer as the Prince. I enjoyed his performance in The Social Network and J. Edgar. From what I saw in the trailer I found him to be a nice choice. With these factors my excitement was built...

Unfortunately, it wasn't as good as I would have hoped :/. It was cute, but for some reason, fell a little flat. The biggest problem was Lily Collins...boooooooo! This young lady is not an actress. If she is calling herself one, my advise is that she get a little more practice. She was so boring to watch. If it wasn't for all the other characters they surrounded her with, her performance alone could have been the death of this movie...smh. Although I love Julia Roberts, I can't say that I found this to be her best performance. She was cute and funny, but it also seems like she was trying too hard with some of her lines. I also enjoyed Hammer as the Prince. He was one of my favorite characters in this movie. The only problem I had, was that he sounded almost exactly like the twins he played in The Social Network, except less serious.

Like I said this movie is cute. The seven dwarfs were my favorite. They each had such great personalities, and were the best feature offered for this movie. Honestly, have you ever watch something that was too cute...I think this would fall into that category. If the kids are crying to see it, you may have to suck it up and go. If your thinking of watching this as a solo venture, wait until it comes to a television near you...C+

No comments:

Post a Comment